Artists looking to make a ‘splash’ should consider the advantages of a well-crafted cover. In this article, we explain why.
July 2, 2018
According to writer Patrick McGuire, albums don’t get nearly as much mileage as they used to. They’re still important, but artists have to make more music than ever before to keep up and connect with their audiences in a meaningful way. Moreover, ‘amateur’ artists don’t have the time to write and release a constant stream of great original songs.
So what’s an ambitious songwriter to do? The simple answer is Cover Songs. Here’s why:
1. Covers help your songwriting and music theory
2. Cover song licensing is more straightforward than you think
3. Covers have become a big part of modern music
4. Covers take less time than it does to write your music
5. Covers are a great opportunity to connect with new fans through familiar tunes
This article is a re-post, with small modifications, of “5 Reasons To Record, Release You Own Cover Songs” an article published on hypebot.com by Patrick McGuire.
Click here to visit the original content.