You are super pumped and sit down to write, or continue writing, a song you have been thinking of and suddenly… nothing! You cannot seem to organize your ideas or come up with worthy material. Do not panic, it happens even to the most talented songwriters.
June 5th, 2019
Hence today, we want to share a few incredibly useful tips written by our friends at Lyric Writer’s Workroom to find fresh song ideas when you haven’t got a clue!
1. Listen to music.
2. Free write.
3. Spin the Wikipedia wheel.
4. Start with a writing prompt.
5. Switch up your routine!
6. Sketch like a visual artist.
7. Pick up your instrument and start with a rhythm.
8. Imagine the life story of a stranger and ask questions.
9. Search for interesting titles and phrases online.
10. Explore a new musical scale or mode.
11. Collaborate with a friend or fellow songwriter.
If you would like more information on these great tips, we suggest you continue reading here.
This article is a re-post, with small modifications, of “11 Ways to Find Fresh Song Ideas When You Haven’t Got a Clue” an article published on lyricworkroom.com