Music is one of the most powerful things the world has to offer, it is a universal language. And so, to honor the power of music here’s a list of 20 facts about music, music history, famous musicians, and more that you will certainly find surprising!
— October 30th, 2020
1. According to scientific studies, music helps us to regulate emotions.
2. In 2008, Musician Jack Johnson donated 100% of his tour profits to charity.
3. Michael Jackson composed hundreds of songs despite not being able to play any musical instrument.
4. Elvis Presley, on the other hand, was never a songwriter.
5. Eminem wrote and recorded “The Real Slim Shady” just 3 hours before his album was due.
6. In 1964, Fidel Castro banned The Beatles’ music in Cuba.
7. The lifespan of a musician is 25 years shorter than usual.
8. Punk rock is said to have its origins dated back to a cinema matinee in Peru in the 1960s.
9. The oldest person to have a hit on the charts was Buster Martin, the drummer for the Zimmers.
10. Jingle Bells was the first song played in space by astronauts.
11. The Cure once played a four-hour concert during which they played 50 songs.
12. John Lennon was dyslexic and legally blind.
13. Madonna holds the Guinness World Records as the world’s most successful female recording artist of all time.
14. The longest karaoke marathon was achieved by Leonardo Polverelli, at the Astra Caffe, Pesaro, Italy
15. The Nokia tune is a phrase from a composition for solo guitar, Gran Vals, by the Spanish classical guitarist and composer Francisco Tarrega.
For more interesting music facts, visit the original article.