Music and yoga are both considered as parts of alternative medicine. Individually, the two have many health and mental benefits. It stands to reason then that combining music and yoga can create limitless possibilities of healing, wellness, and peace. Below we explain why!
October 11th, 2019
Although yoga can be practiced in silence, its effects can be magnified if it is paired with pleasant music. Here are a few ways on how music can enhance our yoga experience:
• Music improves meditation.
• Music creates a positive mood.
• Music can stimulate memory.
• Music enhances movement.
• Music promotes relaxation.
However, not all types of music have proven to adequate or even useful when it comes to mastering the art of yoga. Some tunes, especially the loud ones, can be very distracting and potentially harmful. Hence, choosing the right melody is vital. Below, a list of a few helpful suggestions:
• Sounds of nature — including the sound of waves, birds’ chirping, wind blowing, and more.
• Traditional yoga music — such as music from the Indian culture that includes rhythmic mantra chanting.
• Classical music — meaning anything that provides a soothing melody to help quiet the minds of the listeners.
For more information and tips on how to combine music and yoga, visit lexiyoga.com
This article is a re-post, with small modifications, of “The Magic of Music and Yoga” an article published on www.lexiyoga.com by Vidivir Esplanada.