The New Year is around the corner. So, now is the perfect time to make some musical resolutions! We know that setting goals for an entire year can be tough, thus here we share a few New Year’s resolutions ideas to get you started.
— December 16th, 2020
As a musician, setting goals will give you focus and motivation as you continue to master your craft. Below we share a few resolutions and intentions to help you reach your musical goals for this new year 2021:
1. Establish a Practice Routine
2. Increase Your Practice Time
3. Create a Proper Warm-Up Routine
4. Start Taking Lessons, or Start Again!
5. Explore New Repertoire
6. Compose Original Music
7. Record or Distribute Your Music
8. Create a Website or Online Portfolio
9. Learn a New Instrument
10. Join a Music Club/ Interact With Other Musicians
11. Improve Music-Reading Skills
We hope you’ve got some ideas now for the next year on how to take the next step in your musical journey. Whatever resolution you decide to make, the hardest part will be sticking to it.
So, happy resolution writing, and happy near year!
This article is a re-post, with small modifications, of “10 New Year’s Resolutions for Musicians,” an article published on musicnotes.com