We all have to memorize music, lyrics, chords, dynamics and more. Thus, we decided to share some tips on how to improve your music memorization.
July 26, 2018
Songs we like and song we’ve written ourselves are easy to memorize. However, memorizing all other songs can be daunting and requires some effort. Here, are some tips to help you through it:
- Listen to the song you wish to memorize as much as possible. Put it on your iPod, mp3 player, phone or tablet and listen actively and passively.
- Find the chord charts and lyrics and decide on the best key for your singing purposes.
- Write down the song’s lyrics and speak them out loud – as if you are reciting a monologue.
- If you know the basic of music sheet reading, break down verse and chorus by chords.
- And last but not least, practice!
If you have your own tips and tricks, and what to share it with us – don’t be shy! Comment below.