Summer is here – Meaning that we have more free time to go to the beach, catch a movie or enjoy a good book. Oh yes, we love a good book! Especially if its related to music. Thus, here a list of the NEW music books you should be reading this summer.
August 6th, 2018
From confessional punk memoirs to a self-help book by Questlove, there’s something here for every genre of the music nerd.
- Inner City Pressure: The Story of Grime – By Dan Hancox
- To Throw Away Unopened – By Viv Albertine
- Playing Changes: Jazz for the New Century – By Nate Chinen
- Twilight of the Gods: A Journey to the End of Classic Rock – By Steven Hyden
- Memphis Rent Party: The Blues, Rock & Soul in Music’s Hometown – By Robert Gordon
- Creative Quest – By Questlove
- Space Opera – By Catherynne M. Valente
- Transformer 33 ⅓ – By Ezra Furman
- Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968 –By Ryan H. Walsh
- Loops 2 – By Javier Blánquez
- In on the Kill Taker 33 ⅓ – By Joe Gross
- 3 Kings: Diddy, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, and Hip-Hop’s Multibillion-Dollar Rise – By Zack O’Malley Greenburg
- Voices of Mississippi: Artists and Musicians Documented by William Ferris
- Devo: The Brand / Devo: Unmasked – By Devo
- Palaces – By Simon Jacobs
- Lemon Jail: On the Road With the Replacements – By Bill Sullivan
- Mad Skills: MIDI and Music Technology in the 20th Century – By Ryan Diduck
- A Spy in the House of Loud: New York Songs and Stories – By Chris Stamey
Need a little more info? Head out to Pitchfork.com to read all of the books’ excerpts.